As 2020 comes to an end (and we say, “Good riddance!), it’s time to start preparing for 2021. Every year our church encourages you to live the mission statement of our church:
Here are some practical ways to practice [y]our mission, as we all hope to be mature followers of Jesus.
- Attend or view our Sunday Morning Services. 2020 threw every church a curve ball concerning gathering. However, we have not stopped teaching the Bible and offering a time of worship digitally and in-person. Make a commitment to join us every Sunday.
- Have a Bible reading plan. Reading the Bible at least four times a week is the most transformational thing growing disciples can do. If you want to grow closer to Christ in 2021 this is a must-do. Over the years, I have encouraged people to read through the Bible every year. Whether you read four chapters a day or a few verses, the most important thing you can do is to simply have a Bible reading plan that has you in the scriptures four or more times a week. Here are some options:
- Pray. Spend time with God in prayer, petition and meditation.
- Join or stay connected with your Growth Group or a Discipleship Group. The Coronavirus has disconnected so many of us and scattered our groups. Yet, we must not remain disconnected if we want to remain the Church. This means our Growth Groups need to find creative ways to encourage each other or meet. Meet outside, over Zoom or keep a Facebook group active. If you find it hard to keep up with your Growth Group, Discipleship Groups are effective through Zoom. To learn more about these or how to lead a Discipleship Group watch this video. If you are not a member of any of our groups, 2021 is the year to join.
Live with Purpose
- Join me for the 2021 Life Purposes Class. This class will help you plan for 2021 and make it a year of impact and fruitfulness. It will begin to meet on Thursday, January 14, and will continue for four weeks. More info
- Start a Group. Group leaders are those who gather people for discipleship. The most important mission Jesus gives us is to “make disciples.” 2021 is the year for you to be faithful to this call. Start a Growth Group. Start a Discipleship Group.
Spread God’s Love
- Reach one person with the gospel. Pray for a friend daily and find ways to serve and love people who don’t know God. I believe the world and state of the church would look very different if we consistently prayed for and committed to share God’s love with at least one person who does not know or follow Jesus. Don’t allow the Great Commission to become the Great Omission in your life.
- Join a Serve Team. Serving looks different right now but you can still find a way to spread the gospel alongside others in our church.
Turning the calendar will not make 2021 more fruitful and joyful than 2020. I hope you take time to commit or rededicate yourself to God’s mission for your life. I hope you find these tips helpful as you do. Let’s make the most of 2021!